Parent Training and Information Center (PTI)
The Parent Training and Information Center (PTI) helps parents receive appropriate education and services for their children with disabilities, works to improve education results for all children, trains and informs parents and professionals and connects children with disabilities to resources that address their needs.
Every state has at least one PTI or Community Parent Resource Center (CPRC) and this network of centers is focused on assisting and empowering parents to take an active role in their child's education.
For more than 30 years, we have worked with families of children birth through age 26 with the full range of disabilities to:
- Assist families to obtain appropriate education for their children.
- Improve education results for all children.
- Train and inform parents and the professionals who work with their children.
- Connect families to community resources to address the unique needs of their children.
- Empower families to be the decision makers for their children.
- Develop collaboration with organizations and agencies that serve children and youth with special needs.
The Parent Training and Information Center is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Program (OSEP).
South Dakota Parent Connection is part of the national technical assistance Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR) and Region C Parent Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) which promote the partnership of families, professionals and advocates for the involvement of families as valued decision makers in meeting the unique needs of their child/youth.