- This event has passed.
Transition To Success
November 20 @ 5:45pm - 8:00pm CST
These sessions are for families from the Sioux Falls School District & surrounding area.
These 5 sessions will provide information and resources to parents and young adults ages 15 to 19 with disabilities.
Parents and their young adult are required to attend each session.
Young adults will:
- Gain skills for using their voice
- Understand the importance of making connections and building relationships
- Build goals for the future
- Learn about how to make a plan
- Get tips for finding and working with agencies that can give support
- Learn how their role in their child’s life is changing
- Get tips for teaching their young adult how to speak up
- Gain tools and strategies for making positive plans for the future
- Learn how to support their young adult to navigate successfully through agencies and disability support systems
The sessions will be held on Monday evenings beginning November 6th
and will have free pizza starting at 5:45 pm with the session starting at 6:00 pm