- This event has passed.
Shift – Transition Series
March 20 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm CDT
So What is Next?
South Dakota Parent Connection, in partnership with the Sioux Falls School District is offering a Shift series that provides transition information and resources to parents and young adults, ages 15 – 19 with disabilities. The series is open to families in Sioux Falls and surround area. Parents and their young adult are required to attend each session. Each session will be held from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Instructional Planning Center at 201 E 38th St in Sioux Falls.
The young adult will:
- Gain skills for using their voice
- Understand the importance of making connections & building relationships
- Build goals for the future
- Learn about how to make a plan
- Get tips for finding and working with agencies that can give support
The parent/family will:
- Learn how their role in their child’s life is changing
- Get tips for teaching their young adults how to speak up
- Gain tools and strategies for making positive plans for the future
- Learn how to support their young adults to navigate successfully through agencies and disability support systems
- March 20
- March 27
- April 3
- April 10
- April 17
Registration deadline: March 16, 2023. Send questions to email@example.com.