- This event has passed.
Coparenting After Divorce: How to Manage ADHD Consistently Across Households
August 8, 2023 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm CDT
12:00 CT / 11:00 MT
For parents who are divorced or contemplating a divorce, and who have children with ADHD, there are unique developmental and emotional needs to consider when figuring out how to coparent across households. Typical coparenting approaches may ignore important neurodevelopmental factors and, at worst, cause your children harm. Executive functioning is a challenge for children with ADHD and managing symptoms can be difficult when faced with heightened emotions and grief, frequent transitions, the need to track personal items, parental conflict, and dealing with new family members. Cooperation and consistency across homes is key but is not always easy or the norm.
In this webinar, caregivers will learn:
- How to talk to your child about divorce
- How best to handle common challenges for parents of neurodivergent children during and after divorce
- About developmental stages and neurodivergent considerations for custody scheduling
- How to cope with worsening ADHD behavior in your child post-divorce
- About writing or rewriting a parenting plan to meet your child’s unique needs
- How to manage ADHD with an uncooperative parent