- This event has passed.
A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Depression in Teens
October 24 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm CDT
Depression in teens has grown increasingly common since the COVID pandemic began and rates of adolescent mood disorders remain concerningly high. Depression and ADHD frequently co-occur, and both conditions must be recognized and treated effectively. When depression is not recognized, the consequences can be serious: Teens are at risk for poor school performance, substance use, early pregnancy, and self-harm.
During this webinar, caregivers and teachers will learn:
- How to differentiate typical sadness from depression in adolescents and teens
- How to recognize the symptoms of depression in adolescents and teens
- How symptoms of ADHD and major depression overlap
- About the current treatments for adolescent and teen depression
- Supportive strategies that caregivers and others can provide